Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Garden Walk - Plein Air


Grandma's planter ~ 9" x 12" ~ Acrylic on canvas panel
After a nice vacation, I am back to blogging. I was invited to paint at one of the gardens selected for the Antioch Garden Walk. It was a beautiful garden with fragrant roses and a really nice host. After I wandered around the garden and took pictures of the roses, I decided on this subject for my plein air. I had never seen something like this before and did not really know what it was, but I thought it made a nice flower planter. (I was told by the host that it was her grandma's coffee grinder). I was attracted to the rustic beauty, the shadows, the bright red geraniums and the little pink blossoms swaying gently in the breeze. It was a wonderful day and the owner of the house also bought one of my flower prints. My thanks to all gardeners out there for bringing so much beauty into life!

No comments:

Post a Comment